Quality Control Technician / Inspector
Quality Control Technician / Inspector:
All industrial backgrounds/experience considered.
- Identifying inspection criteria of parts/assemblies based on pre-assigned quality levels, and processing through incoming inspection accordingly.
- Dimensional & visual inspection of vehicle components.
- Uploading part approval documentation into ERP system.
- Ensuring defects identified at point of receipting material and acting as last line of defence for quality issues & preventing pass through into production.
- Supporting the quality engineering team with internal/external non-conformance & problem solving.
- Logging non-conformance during incoming inspection.
- Documenting & containing quality issues as required in production.
- Visually inspecting components/assemblies against cosmetic standards.
- Define inspection processes & generate supporting process documentation, to ensure swift & robust inspection of incoming material.
- Proven track record of interpreting engineering drawings & 3D CAD (Catia V5 experience preferred).
- Competent in the use of portable inspection arms & supporting software (PC-DMIS / Polyworks).
- Visual inspection of cosmetic components/assemblies advantageous – Motorsport, niche vehicle, low production experience preferred.
- Knowledge of quality management systems, associated industry recognised standards & problem-solving methodologies advantageous.
- Attention to detail essential.
- A team player.
- Clear communicator.
- Methodical approach to tasks.
- Embrace new ways of working & look to continually improve own performance & existing processes.