By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams.
However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles.
The business are currently working on a confidential new Hypercar due to be released to the market in the coming years. Due to the size and scope of the project they are looking for a number of Motorsport/Niche Automotive experienced individuals to join the business to work on this and upcoming future positions.
You will have the chance to be involved in a diverse and interesting project, working alongside some very experienced engineers with backgrounds across Formula 1, Le Mans, an Automotive Unicorn and Hypercar Manufacturers.
One of the key positions currently is a Quality Engineer.
As a successful Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for and have the below background:
• Evidence of client or customer facing experience
• Proven and skilled use of CAD (CATIA v5 preferred)
• Able to interpret engineering drawing requirements (GD&T)
• Ability to support creation of specifications within budget and timing requirement
• An understanding of drawing office procedures and ability to adapt and implement as business and projects develop
• Ability to interrogate and analyse FEA, CFD and simulation techniques as appropriate
• Proven skills in detailed analysis from first principles thinking
• Clear understanding of good working practices and processes
• Auditing experience
• Understanding ISO9001 requirements
As a company KW Special Projects is approaching it’s 10-year anniversary after spinning out from the successful KW Motorsport, founded in 2003. Last year, despite the impact of the Pandemic, KW achieved a strong financial year, along with winning a number of key projects, leaving the company in very healthy position going into 2021. This year has also seen the launch of the Digital Manufacturing Centre at Silverstone, the sister company of KW Special Projects.
Over the last 3 years the business has also taken home Gold in the New Markets category at the Motorsport Industry Association Business Excellence Awards along with two accolades at the Northamptonshire Business Awards.
The judges recognised the growth of the company to a multi-million-pound Engineering operation and their first-of-a-kind transfer of proven motorsport technologies and capabilities into other sectors, including electric vehicle development, ceramics and performance sports.
Please get in touch if this interests you!