This company are currently recruiting a Senior Buyer to join the Procurement department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, this company have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising new product. Since 2007, this company has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the new product is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
- Responsible for a supplier spend in excess of around £14 million and be expected to identify year on year cost reduction opportunities through negotiation and re-sourcing projects
- To identify suppliers, negotiate and place all project purchase orders aligned to the long-term vision of the business
- Supplier contract drafting, negotiation and implementation
- To be the escalation point for any commercial related activities for supplier base, aligning with the materials control team to ensure day-to-day continuity of supply is achieved
- Monthly, Quarterly and Annual business reviews based on strategic importance of the relationship to the business
- Supporting NPI projects from development stage to serialised production
- Work with SQA to manage the supplier selection process that best suits the business requirements, considering cost, quality and delivery
- Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts
- Issue out NDA’s and maintain the NDA register
- Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases
- Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a senior purchasing role
- Experience of materials and manufacturing in a niche assembly sector
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with experience and ability in working with Senior Management, advising at all levels as required
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Cross-functional business team environment experience
- Proven ability to self-manage & deliver on time to budget
- BA/BSc degree in Business, Engineering, Materials Management or equivalent
- MCIPS qualification or working towards
- Automotive Quality Process experience – APQP/PPAP
- Epicor ERP system experience
- Teamcenter / CAD software experience
- Working level knowledge of marine and/or automotive technologies and/or markets
Why this company?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry.