Senior EDU DV Test Engineer
Eggs, sausages, bacon and a coffee… some of the main components of the perfect breakfast, right?
This might look like the beginning of a breakfast shopping list and you’re probably wondering what this has to do with an advert for a Senior EDU DV Test Engineer… but bear with me…
Unfortunately, these are also some of the worst foods for the environment due to the high emissions created by transportation, farming and feeding that is involved within the process. I know we can’t help with every single part of the method involved but even a little help could make big difference.
The high emissions are particularly due to the farming and transportation of these goods, even down to the average family travelling to the supermarket to do their weekly shop. This is mainly because of the petrol and diesel used within the two steps mentioned. Powertrains are one of the main components within vehicles whether it be passenger cars, commercial vehicles or the large engines within agricultural vehicles/machines and this company offering this opportunity is looking to develop a greener and safer way for these vehicles to operate through development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems.
You have the opportunity to be part of a company who currently have around 11,500 employees (plus 70 years of experience) and are still growing. This is because not only do they want to make the world more sustainable but they also value their employees and believe into turning visions of the future into reality.
We are currently seeking test/development Senior engineers with a focus on Electric Drive Unit (EDU) design validation for future mobility platforms.
You will join the team with the primary objective to work closely with our customers to develop, test and optimise the performance of their EDUs for future vehicle programs. You can expect a significant emphasis on ensuring that the EDU unit meets both legislative and customer specific performance and durability targets.
- Ownership and responsibility for test hardware, project delivery and data quality. This includes preparation of test facility and/or test parts to enable effective and timely data delivery
- Onsite support at customer or other facilities as appropriate to deliver the work
- Daily summary updates on project and testing status to all project stakeholders
- Providing technical expertise for daily data processing and data analysis that will be used to inform engineering decisions
- Responsibility to ensure any issues have been formally logged on and assigned
- Technical direction to test facilities & personnel where required
- Onboard junior engineers and provide technical guidance
- Liaise with various stakeholders to progress issue resolution related to EDU testing
- Plan and supervise overall delivery of multiple EDU testing campaign
- Minimum of 2:1 Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a relevant engineering area (Mechanical, Automotive, etc)
- Experience in powertrain design verification (DV) testing.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to summarise and make clear technical recommendations across multifunctional disciplines with supporting data
- Self-starter with the ability work with high level instruction, minimal detail breakdown and to be able to seek out relevant information, data and support from other engineering groups
- Electric Drive Unit experience and knowledge