Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Have you ever found yourself in your garage, working on project and wanting to make a change in the world? Do you consider yourself as someone that is ready to embrace the future and wants to make the world a better, more sustainable place? Well in 1958 the founders of the company I am working with were doing just that.
For over sixty years now, the company has established themselves as globally recognized technology company that delivers propulsion and intelligent solutions for its customers in the automotive, aerospace, motorsport and marine sectors and now as a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you have the opportunity to join them.
The company I am working with already has an order book in place up to 2026 with £320 million from long-term contracts and revenues at record levels. Partnerships with General Motors, Aston Martin, Honda, Haitec and Porsche allow them to play a key role in determining the future direction of the automotive industry.
They are constantly seeking innovative ways to lead technology development while striving to deliver the reliability that their customers expect and therefore looking for innovative professionals to join them.
- As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will be joining the Electrification Team
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager
- You will be responsible for supporting the team by producing design solutions that arise from new product design, customer requests and other ad hoc activities
- Work to a range of industry standards for quality and validation
- Provide solutions backed up with a robust methodology
- Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities
- Degree or time served Mechanical Engineer with minimum five years’ experience in a design and development environment
- Strong experience of CAD software, preferably CATIA V5, with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings
- The ability to interpret mechanical FEA studies and propose solutions/improvements to design issues
- A good understanding of design for assembly and constraints for low volume manufacture
- A good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing
- A confident approach with customers and suppliers with the ability to detail requirements and understand issues