Senior Power Electronics Research Engineer
One man… one garage… the end goal? The world’s fastest electric car. Their current challenge? To find the best Senior Power Electronics Research Engineer who are as excited as they are to be part of this journey.
This client has beaten all odds despite enormous challenges and an impossibly ambitious vision. They now stand at 1300 people strong and are continuing to grow. As they have already proved what they are capable of through the challenges they have faced, they now have great potential to grow way beyond what they originally believed is possible.
Imagine having the freedom to come up with innovative concepts with no limits and then seeing your concept be brought to life. This opportunity will give you the freedom to do just that whilst also allowing you to work in a fun and fast paced environment.
As a key member of the Research and Advanced Engineering team, the individual will be working on highly innovative, cutting-edge electric drive units. The individual will be responsible for developing and testing proof-of-concept prototype drive units. Following prototype validation, the projects will be largely handed over to other teams to continue development into mass production, however the Research and Advanced team will continue to support as required.
The key responsibilities in this role will be to:
- Design and development of cutting-edge traction inverter prototypes based on next-gen SiC and GaN technologies and advanced topologies.
- Perform simulation and analysis of the inverter system including the mechanical, thermal, electrical, and controls architecture.
- Perform detailed circuit design analysis and component selection.
- Perform schematic and layout design of PCBs
- Support mechanical integration of PCBs and components with an understanding of mechanical and thermal requirements through design reviews and analysis.
- Cooperation with suppliers to support prototype development and build.
- Defining and conducting functional and performance tests.
- Analysis of test results, and iterative design improvement
- Explore novel and unique technologies / topologies to support future product roadmap.
With a company of this stature, of course you get great benefits along with the confidence and stability of working for a well-respected business. Benefits include health insurance, 1.30pm finish on a Friday, flexible working (up to 2 days from home) and ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan).
Most importantly, it’s not often you get the chance to work so closely on a multi-million-pound hypercar, let alone the world’s fastest electric hypercar so imagine having that on your resume!