Senior Project Manager
JOB DESCRIPTION: Senior Project/Programme Manager
1. POSITION SUMMARY
JOB TITLE: Senior Project/Programme Manager
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
LINE MANAGER: Head of Programme Delivery
STANDARD WORKING HRS: 37.50 hours per week between 9:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive
SALARY RANGE: £DOE
HOLIDAY: 25 days per annum
BENEFITS: Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life
Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Enhanced Paternity Pay, Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Project/Programme Manager to join the Programme Delivery department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, this company have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, this company has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
2. JOB FUNCTION & RESPONSIBILITIES
2.1. JOB FUNCTION
As Senior Project or Programme Manager, the successful candidate would be expected to work in close collaboration with or act as the lead on large or multiple medium size programmes. Responsibility will include ensuring that tasks are completed to time, cost and quality requirements through the application of project management best practice approaches including task planning, resource allocation, risk control and risk mitigation. A high level of autonomy and proactiveness is required.
The role will involve coordination of cross functional teams, working closely with the key resource holders across the relevant sections of the business. The successful candidate will also provide progress reporting to the internal stakeholders.
2.2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting delivery of the technical aspects of the Company’s strategic plan
- Responsibility for on-specification delivery of the technical programmes from concept through to start of production, and beyond
- Working closely with the head of R&D and IP to convert and deliver innovation into new products or continuous improvement streams
- Development of full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Identification and management of project dependencies and critical paths
- Planning and scheduling of project timelines and milestones, followed by tracking thereof
- Identification, management and mitigation of project risks
- Preparation of regular project progress documents including reporting of key progress metrics
- Management of regular project reviews. Budget definition and management
- Working cohesively with the wider business to ensure decisions are made with the wider implications in mind
- Setting up and leading internal and external discussions as appropriate to support programme deliverables
3.1. BEHAVIORAL STANDARDS
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals. Acts with respect and a high level of integrity
- An enthusiastic, positive, calm and accommodating approach to work and changing priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team
4. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience managing delivery of technical activities
- Ability to operate with a level of autonomy, lead complex projects and provide concise reporting
- Good understanding of project management requirements and techniques
- Demonstrable aptitude in responding to high pressure situations with sensible and rational decision making
- Experience in Microsoft packages, including Project and Excel
- Degree or equivalent in a technical discipline
- APM or Prince qualifications
- Worked on multi-disciplined projects
- Knowledge of processes and techniques used in complex Product assembly and testing
- Working level knowledge of automotive and/or marine technology
5. WHY THIS COMPANY?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry.