Electrical Design Engineer
This Electrical Design Engineer role will see you taking a key part in the expansion and development of our Control System Hardware and Electrical Design capability, working as a key team member to develop the standards, design, and test the hardware and electrical elements of control system projects.
The role will be an active hands-on design position to be carried out by someone who is familiar with CAD, hardware design specification/calculations, and the technologies / components that are used in Control System solutions.
The company is a successful Control Systems Integrator with a great track record within heavy process industries such as Oil, Gas, Power, Nuclear or Chemical would be a huge bonus. Over recent years the company has gone from strength to strength with a turnover last year of £9m.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing Hardware Design Documents
- Designing and developing major hardware and electrical components
- Developing and maintaining Electrical Design Standards across the group
- Working with the manufacturing department to develop design solutions that support efficient and effective assembly processes
- Assembly supervision and electrical testing of solution hardware (including functional safety systems)
- Providing general technical support on hardware and electrical design to Business Development colleagues for bids
You’ll currently be working as an Electrical Design Engineer and will be competent with either Solidworks, AutoCAD Electrical or E-Plan.