Job Title: Financial Analyst
Support the Gillingham Site and Finance team in management reporting and analysis. To deliver accurate and timely reporting through the maintenance of the financial books and records This role will support the General Ledger and reporting team with monthly, quarterly, and year end finance processes, coupled with management reporting required both internally and externally at all levels of the business.
Role & Responsibilities:
- To take responsibility for accurate financial reporting to strict deadlines; to liaise with external and internal auditors to ensure robust processes; input into the budget/forecast process and ensure the site is Sarbanes Oxley compliant.
- Initially focusing on the Gillingham Technical Centre reporting and site capex reporting, with a view to becoming responsible for this over the next 3-6 months. At the end of this period being able to deliver month end reporting with minimal support.
Key accountabilities include:
- Produce accurate profit and loss and balance sheets to tight deadlines
- Manage cashflow and reporting to tight deadlines
- Take responsibility for cashflow forecasting
- Produce headcount and payroll reports
- Help maintain all ledgers
- Liaise with internal and external auditors to ensure successful audit completion
- Ensure all work is completed in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) guidelines
- Control expenditure versus budget
- Other accountabilities include:
- Responsible for Intrastat & VAT reporting
- Control Company bank accounts
- Create and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Action improvements to reporting processes
- Assist in the completion of stocktakes
- Budget & LRP (Long Range Plan) preparation and monthly forecast process
- Daily reporting and target tracking
- Computation of Excess and Obsolete inventory provision
- Alongside the Quality team monitor warranty returns and claims, identifying any financial risks to the business
- Complete analysis, journal preparation, journal entry, and monthly reports
- Factory Margin reporting within the plant
- Any other duties as may be required in order to ensure the efficient operation of the company.
Skills & Qualifications:
- High level of excel skills required
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an Accounting or Finance role
- Clear communicator
- Ability to multi-task
- Desire to develop in career path
- Completed AAT, Working towards ACCA/CIMA qualification or QBE at this level
- Comfortable working with financial and non-financial personnel
- Excellent team player with flexible attitude
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of a standard costing environment
- In addition to the above requirements, the person must comply with all BorgWarner Policies and Procedures relevant to the role and treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect (Transparency, Inclusion, Excellence and Respect).
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.