Job Title: Indirect Buyer
To lead the indirect purchasing requirements of the Gillingham Plant, at the right price at the right time.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage as a buyer in deliverying on time and the best cost to achieve Gillingham targets on delivery performance.
- Delivering and executing robust plans for year on year performance.
- Work closely with category teams to identify opportunities for link and leverage.
- Building strong robust contracts with suppliers that perform all BorgWarner targets.
- Drive collaboration with business partners to achieve ongoing competiveness with their business strategy.
- Ensure activities are performed with high integrity and in compliance with Global, Divisional and Site procedures and encourage Process and Systems Improvements
- Facilitate cross functional participation in all cost down initiatives including idea generation in the best cost spares and new equipment.
- Experience of suppliers and achieving joint goals.
- Commercially astute.
- 10+ years relevant experience in related automotive / engineering environment.
- Proven record in driving cost down options.
- Understand technical drawings and specifications.
- Be able to work, present and communicate within all areas of the organisation from shop floor to management.
- An appreciation of AS400 (SAP development) and similar systems.
- Ability to negotiate within an international business environment
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to stay calm in high stress situations
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Team Orientated
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadline when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- To comply to BorgWarner, Safety and Environmental regulations such as PPE showing responsibility of personal safety and that of others.
- Treat work colleagues with respect. (Equality and Diversity)
- In addition to the above requirements, the person must comply with all BorgWarner Policies and Procedures relevant to the role and treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect (Transparency, Inclusion, Excellence and Respect).
- This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.