PLC Systems Inbound Manager
Job Title: PC+L Systems & Inbound Manager
Department: Production Control and Logistics, Dept 932
Reporting to: PC&L Manager
Ensure Supplier parts organisation, resources & people development and training to run & improve the departments performance.
Manage all the activities related with Supplier direct parts ordering, delivery routes and shipping of all the materials into Goods Inwards.
Review supplier backorders and hold regular review with supplier until backorders are reduced.
Support all system development projects for the supply chain and assist with any problems which arise with any supply chain processes used.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Managing & adapting the organization, people selection, development, training & coaching.
- Develop & maintain the training plans for the team. Carry out HR standard processes for people development.
- Analysis of supplier performance and taking actions against suppliers which are not performing well (regular calls / escalation process).
- Manage and Maintain the MPS/MRP system.
- Support and coach the MPR/MRP planner with standardised planning techniques and setup and maintaining parts/scheduling stations on AS400.
- Releasing of new routings on AS400.
- Create and maintain the costing system on AS400.
- Release PO/PA from purchasing.
- Setting up new parts with Item parameter such as family codes/product codes in AS400.
- Support any IT developments such as SAP implementation.
- Develop and maintain any AS400 improvements for the Supply Chain processes.
- Support the PC&L Manager in a “Deputy” role and be the cover in the case of absence.
- API co-ordination and reconciliation/reporting.
- Support new product transfer projects from other allied sites. Support setting up of parts/suppliers/customers.
- Support ISO/IATF audit processes and ensure conformity to these rules.
- Inbound & Freight Coordinators and MPS/MRP planner.
Authorities (if applicable):
- Authorise Overtime Requests
- Skills Matrix creation and maintenance for the team
- Team Personnel changes.
- Authorise Routing Releases
- Authorise AS400 Menu Access for site users
- PC+L Manager DOA
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel)
- IT Literate
- Lean Manufacturing/ material movement processes understanding.
- Production Control Experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/PowerPoint/Excel) Particularly Excel.
- Working/advanced knowledge of AS400.
- Working/advanced knowledge of SAP.
- Working/advanced knowledge of MPS/MRP systems.
- Able to Build Relationships with Suppliers & Production Team
- Good Organisational Skills
- Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to Communicate via Reports, Emails, Presentations
- GCSE’s (3 “O” Levels at C grade)
- “A” Levels
- BTEC ONC/D or equivalent NVQ
- Or equivalent City and Guilds
- Degree in Business Administration or Business Management / IT, or equivalent
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- BTEC HNC/D or equivalent NVQ
- Or equivalent City and Guilds
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including attention to detail
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
In addition to the above requirements, the person must comply with all Company Policies and Procedures relevant to the role and treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect in line with Our Beliefs.
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.