PLC Warehouse Supervisor
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Department: Production Control and Logistics
Reporting to: APU Manager
Monitors and control the warehouse resources , & reports the people development and training needs to run & improve the department's performance.
Monitors and drive the warehouse teams to achieve the SPQVC scorecard targets for the Warehouse APU
Controls all the Warehouse teams activities related with material and information flow (receiving, storage, delivery routes and shipping of all the direct and indirect materials and finished goods) in the Warehouse, aligned with the Borg Warner (Corporate, Divisional & Plant) Operating Systems, Policies, & ISO / specific customer expectations.
Monitors and assure the completion of the warehouse continuous improvement projects to achieve the warehouse capability metrics and completion assessment targets to facilitate the SPQVC targets completion.
Participates on the Design / Redesign of all the Warehouse activities aligned with the current business changes and / or new businesses implementation
Role & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and driving the Warehouse organization, people selection, development, training & coaching. Keep up to date the warehouse organization based on the organization Guidelines and adapted to the business needs
- Comply with the existing training plans for the team. Train the warehouse teams according to the existing procedures and guidelines. Report development needs for the Warehouse team members. PDP
- Monitoring and completion of the warehouse APU scorecard targets (aligned with divisional expectations & PC vision). Participate on the definition of the Warehouse targets (to be specific, measurable, reachable and realistic)
- Monitor the OMS capability and performance metrics and scorecard, developing action plans to close the gaps. Manage the Warehouse teams to be focused on the business priorities
- Manage the Warehouse teams to be focused on the business priorities. Implement the quarterly key projects to improve SPQVC scores and improve efficiency. Implement and update the Warehouse APU standard work. MCI routines aligned to PT guidelines
- Ensure that the Warehouse teams are implementing the defined action plans to achieve the goals & gaps closure (MCI QKP, A3, etc). Monitor the performance and capability metrics to assure gaps closure (KPI, MCI, completion assessment, etc.). Monitor and assure the on-time update of the ERP (to assure stock accuracy – ERP vs physical) and the other applications in place and used by the warehouse teams (SAP, Warehouse design, etc.)
- Ensure warehouse compliance with the Environment, Health & safety policies, existing guidelines and procedures, ISOTS, customer specific requirements and internal control. Ensure Warehouse teams compliance with the existing procedures
- Comply with the due dates to eliminate the non-conformities identified by internal / external audits. Monitor and ensure the stock accuracy on the Warehouse (ERP vs physical) (SAP).
- Perform regular audits to assure that the Warehouse is aligned with the Environment, Health & safety policies and complying with the 5S requirements
- Ensure that the storage and the material movement equipment is available and ready to be safely used.
- Ensure that daily checks are being performed on the existing equipment aligned with its safety and operability requirements
Authorities (if applicable):
- Organise Normal Transport
- Order Stationary
- Order Packaging
- Warehouse operations
- WH Health & Safety requirements
- “5S” Housekeeping
- Ability to build Relationships across Multiple Functions
- Forklift driving
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Good Proficiency of AS400
- Knowledge of AS400 File Transfers
- Good Organisational Skills
- Good Communication & Interpersonal Skills, Including the ability to Communicate via Reports, Emails and Presentations
- GCSE (3 “O” Levels at C grade)
- “A” Level
- Degree in Business Administration or Business Management, or equivalent
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organisational skills, including attention to detail
- Self-motivated and have a strong and flexible attitude towards work
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines when required
- The ability to prioritise and organise own workload
In addition to the above requirements, the person must comply with all Borg Warner Policies and Procedures relevant to the role and treat colleagues and work colleagues with respect
(Inclusion, Integrity, Excellence, Responsibility and Collaboration).
This Job description outlines the duties required, it is not a comprehensive or exhaustive list and the Line Manager may vary duties from time to time which do not change the general character of the job or the level of responsibility entailed. Flexibility is required from all job holders.