Supplier Technical Assistance
Job Description: Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer
JOB TITLE: Supplier Technical Assistance (STA) Engineer
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Permanent
LINE MANAGER: Lead Supplier Quality Engineer
STANDARD WORKING HRS: 37.50 hours per week between 9:00am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday inclusive
SALARY RANGE: £DOE
HOLIDAY: 25 days per annum
BENEFITS: Company Pension Scheme, Health Scheme (BUPA), Life Cover, EAP (employee assistance programme), Free Beverages, Discounted Gym Membership, Discounted Eyewear and Free Eye Test, Ride to Work Scheme, Electric Car Charging, Free Parking On-site.
We are currently recruiting a Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer to join the Quality department at our headquarters in Shoreham-By-Sea.
Over the last 13 years, this company have been on a mission to deliver a revolutionary new concept in ultra-lightweight diesel engines with their market revolutionising CXO300. Since 2007, this company has successfully raised over £120 million of private investment, to bring the outboard from a dream to a reality. Having begun production in May 2020, the CXO300 is becoming hugely popular in the market and demand is on the rise.
Job Function & Responsibilities:
This company is looking for an experienced and assertive Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer to help develop and improve its key suppliers, in support of the increasing Production volumes of its ground-breaking V8 diesel outboard engine in 2022.
You will be based primarily at one of the company’s’ key UK suppliers, with the aim of agreeing a suitable development plan with the supplier and supporting its implementation over several months. Working closely with the company’s’ Strategic Procurement Team, you will carry out a gap analysis audit that will form the basis of the action plan; support the supplier capability studies and run@rate activities; coach and train the supplier’s operations teams in practical problem solving, amongst other challenging tasks as necessary, so that the supplier’s quality and delivery performance reaches the required levels.
This is an exciting opportunity to use all of the skills and experience you’ve gained over the course of your career so far, and to be recognised as a key member of the team that succeeds in bringing the company’s’ product to the mass market in 2022.
- A highly organised, self-starter and logical thinker.
- Clear positive work ethic with a desire to get the job done.
- Excellent communication skills: ability to deal effectively and considerately with a wide variety of individuals.
- An effective negotiator.
- Planning and prioritising activities and an ability to operate with a level of autonomy.
- Ability to present data accurately and effectively.
- A high level of attention to detail, with an aspiration to deliver technical excellence.
- Commitment to achieving the company’s long-term business objectives and succeeding as a team.
- Willingness to travel in UK and internationally.
Skills and experience:
- Previously worked as a Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer and/or Supplier Development Engineer in the automotive sector or equivalent.
- Relevant IATF 16949:2016-related knowledge, experience and/or qualifications:
- VDA 6.3 auditing
- Lead Assessor
- AIAG Automotive Core Tools
- Quality tools and methods, including 8D, Ishikawa, 5-Why, Pareto, etc.
- Metrology equipment and inspection methods.
- Understanding / interpretation of engineering drawings (GD&T).
- Full clean driving licence.
- Degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent and/or recognised Quality Management qualification.
- Lean / Six Sigma Green Belt.
- Knowledge of ISO14001.
Why this company?
With a global reach of over 100 territories, you will be joining a business that puts innovation at the forefront of everything we do and aim to be leaders in our field. To achieve this, we are always on the lookout for new talent to join our team.
Join the team and be a part of revolutionising the marine industry.