Eggs, sausages, bacon and a coffee… some of the main components of the perfect breakfast, right?
This might look like the beginning of a breakfast shopping list and you’re probably wondering what this has to do with an advert for a Systems Engineer… but bear with me…
Unfortunately, these are also some of the worst foods for the environment due to the high emissions created by transportation, farming and feeding that is involved within the process. I know we can’t help with every single part of the method involved but even a little help could make big difference.
The high emissions are particularly due to the farming and transportation of these goods, even down to the average family travelling to the supermarket to do their weekly shop. This is mainly because of the petrol and diesel used within the two steps mentioned. Powertrains are one of the main components within vehicles whether it be passenger cars, commercial vehicles or the large engines within agricultural vehicles/machines and this company offering this opportunity is looking to develop a greener and safer way for these vehicles to operate through development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems.
You have the opportunity to be part of a company who currently have around 11,500 employees (plus 70 years of experience) and are still growing. This is because not only do they want to make the world more sustainable but they also value their employees and believe into turning visions of the future into reality.
We are seeking an experienced engineer with pro-active attitude, self-learner and highly motivated. You will be responsible for developing, validating and signing off the future generation of various vehicle systems and features.
- Support process for vehicle control system related hardware and software requirements development
- Engage with suppliers and other stake holders to review hardware and software attributes
- Engagement in quality and robustness activities (i.e. FMEA, fault tree analysis, boundary diagram)
- Support the development of the Electrical and Electronic architectures
- Validation and sign-off of vehicle system and interactions with other subsystems
- Debugging and troubleshooting of new software and calibration deliveries
- Degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Automation, Mechatronics, Control Engineering or similar
- Automotive engineering knowledge / experience in design, validation and integration for vehicle powertrain systems
- Knowledge of hybrid and electric components fundamentals
- Experience of automotive control systems and calibration
- Relevant engineering experience (ideally Systems Engineering)
- Proficient in office tools (e.g. Word, Excel)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to interface constructively with a global team
- Experience in vehicle and feature requirements, design, integration, test, verification and control or a higher academic degree (e.g. MSc, PhD) relating to automotive, electronics, control and automation
- Experience in hybrid powertrain area
- A working knowledge of vehicle architectures, communication and components
- Automotive Functional Safety knowledge
- Experience of MATLAB/Simulink
- Project Management, Product Quality, DOORS or similar