Sales Applications Engineer
Maybe you’ve already made the move from a Control Systems Engineer into a Business Development/Sales focused role or maybe you’re thinking about it? It’s no secret that if you’re looking to progress into a senior role within a business that sales and business acumen is essential.
Along with having technical expertise within PLC, SCADA Drives etc a solid successful company always makes a business development or sales role more straightforward and increases your earning potential.
When dealing with customers they’ll want to see that you work for a growing company that has achieved success and project delivery with other customers. Well, moving into a new £3m HQ, investing in 16 new and a growth to £3.9million per year is a pretty good sign of success and delivery.
This business has been an independently owned business ever since its formation in 1987. Since being formed in 1987, they have grown and formed partnerships with well-known brands such as Siemens and Rockwell, and Rittal to name a few.
This business has also worked with clients from some of the world’s most recognizable brands across the Automotive, Metals, Food & Beverage, FMCG, Construction Materials, Logistics & Warehousing, Board, Paper & Tissue, and Marine industries. Working here will mean that there will be a variety of projects to get involved in.
Now is a great time to join them as a Sales Application Engineer. Ideally, you’ll be a current Sales or Applications Engineer within the Controls & Automation industry or a current Control Systems Engineer looking to take your technical knowledge into a more customer focused role.
Typically, you’ll be responsible for
- Preparing technical quotations and proposals to required deadlines and quality standards
- To ensure that the sales team are supported by completing and assisting with the preparation of quotations, costings, technical specifications and supporting literature
- Provide high-quality documentation to customers using appropriate software tools
- Provide a high-quality service to customers, maintain the company’s reputation as a leading-edge systems integrator
- To configure technical solutions from end customer specifications across our core vertical markets.
- To act as an interface between sales and engineering teams and to provide a high standard of technical support to the sales team
- To attend customer sites as and when required.