Vehicle Build Technician
Vehicle Build Technician
The company make little cars, but they are very special.
This company makes officially branded drivable little cars for luxury high-end motor manufacturers. They are 75% scale, 100% electric and 200% fun tributes to classic cars: boasting swappable batteries, a sliding pedal box, regenerative braking and different driving modes. They are already making cars for Bugatti, Aston Martin and Ferrari plus there are more to follow.
Beautifully engineered vehicles don't just appear at our client's front doors – they are a result of months and sometimes years of meticulous design, dedicated craftsmanship, uncompromising testing, and a personal customer experience second to none.
That doesn't happen without an exceptionally talented team fuelled by a determination to create truly remarkable vehicles, whilst having a ton of fun along the way. They work with the best car manufacturers in the business, so are only looking to recruit amazing talent to our small but highly functioning team. They are committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. They aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We need an enthusiastic and experienced whole vehicle technician to help assemble our production cars and assist with the development the next generation of our little prototypes. An integral role within the business you will be responsible for the assembly and sub assembly of our cars and components, across Chassis, Electrical, Powertrain, Body and Safety systems producing first class quality and attention to detail. We’re a fast moving start up, and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential. You’ll report directly into the Production Manager who co-ordinates the day to day workshop and assembly activities.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
- Assembly of Production cars, including sub assembly of components for stock and to aid the Production process
- Working with the wider project team to keep production on schedule, having an overall view of the assembly status of whole vehicles.
- You will be building some of the most iconic cars in history at reduced scale with an electric powertrain.
- Creation and maintenance of assembly process and sequencing
- Adhere to Build & Compliance Documentation
- Completion of Assembly & Inspection records
- Responsibility for the Quality of the work produced and carried out.
- Continually looking for opportunities to develop and make build process better, safer, more efficient.
- Assemble and support the build and testing of prototype vehicles.
- Preparation and Inspection of Fleet & Demonstration vehicles.
- Maintain a clean, professional, and safe working environment
- Provide training and support to members of the wider production team
What you bring to the table:
- Experience of ‘craftsmanship’ assembly methods where final fit and appearance is the responsibility of the operator
- A background in niche, low volume or motorsport engineering with a broad understanding of vehicle systems.
- High level of attention to detail and a focus on safety and quality.
- Ability to root cause vehicle issues from faulty vehicle, through structured strip down and analysis, to component level root cause and feedback
- A strong understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes and their appropriate selection.
- Able to understand and interpret detailed component and assembly drawings.Strong problem solving and lateral thinking skills.
- A hands-on approach. Comfortable in the design office as well as in the workshop.
- Team Player. Working coherently with other team members to deliver to the highest standards
- Enthusiastic & passionate about what you do and our products – Striving to go the extra mile.
Nice to have:
- Motorsport experience
- Fabrication skills – that include component manufacture and welding steel & aluminium (MIG & TIG)
- An interest in and knowledge of electric systems.
- Ability to read wiring diagrams and harness drawings
- Knowledge of working with composite materials and correct technique for cutting/bonding composite materials
Details / perks
It is a stunning place for any car enthusiast to be based. There may be occasional travel with the company as required, potentially nationally / internationally.
A full UK driving licence is essential
Competitive salary and 25 days holiday a year
Opportunity for equity ownership / stock options and compensation will increase as we grow – ultimately you are in control of your destiny and the rewards will be there for the right people