Vehicle Centre Engineer
Eggs, sausages, bacon and a coffee… some of the main components of the perfect breakfast, right?
This might look like the beginning of a breakfast shopping list and you’re probably wondering what this has to do with an advert for a Vehicle Centre Engineer… but bear with me…
Unfortunately, these are also some of the worst foods for the environment due to the high emissions created by transportation, farming and feeding that is involved within the process. I know we can’t help with every single part of the method involved but even a little help could make big difference.
The high emissions are particularly due to the farming and transportation of these goods, even down to the average family travelling to the supermarket to do their weekly shop. This is mainly because of the petrol and diesel used within the two steps mentioned. Powertrains are one of the main components within vehicles whether it be passenger cars, commercial vehicles or the large engines within agricultural vehicles/machines and this company offering this opportunity is looking to develop a greener and safer way for these vehicles to operate through development, simulation and testing of powertrain systems.
You have the opportunity to be part of a company who currently have around 11,500 employees (plus 70 years of experience) and are still growing. This is because not only do they want to make the world more sustainable, but they also value their employees and believe into turning visions of the future into reality.
We are currently looking for Vehicle Centre Engineers where you would be supporting R&D activities which requires a mixture of mechanical and engineering skills.
- Support build of R&D demonstrator vehicles showcasing emerging technologies including hybrid, BEV and Fuel Cell
- Support HV battery pack activities including build, teardown and test
- Support vehicle testing activates in UK and abroad focusing on drivability assessment and emission measurements
- Work closely with other teams in the organisation including design, electrical and controls to find vehicle integration solutions
- Adhere to all H&S requirements