An opportunity for an Experienced Control Systems Engineer looking to move into a technical focused commercial role.
The role will involve you identifying and discussing opportunities with clients.
You’ll prepare technical and commercial quotations for electrical, control, PLC and SCADA based systems for a wide range of projects and industries, predominantly Power and Infrastructure to include Nuclear and Hydro-electric.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To evaluate customer requirements, design specifications and prepare quotations for cost effective, technical solutions
- To liaise with customers to discuss, influence and finalise their technical requirements.
- To support sales staff technically during pre-tender and post-tender phases.
- To support sales staff in influencing customer specifications
- To prepare tenders from pre-qualification documentation and submit authorised technical/ commercial offerings incorporating input from internal engineers, subcontractors and suppliers where appropriate.
- To participate in the tender review process with customers and attend negotiating meetings.
- To maintain a list of tenders prepared and their current status.
- To adopt the principles of engineering best practice in all tenders and customer technical proposals.
- To ensure that all proposals comply with the Company’s quality standards and that these standards are embedded in tenders and proposals.
The ideal candidate will have a technical background within Control Systems (either as a Control Systems Engineer or a proposals/project engineer) and a relevant Electrical/Controls qualification e.g., Degree or Apprenticeship.
Any industry experience will be considered but experience within a heavy process industry e.g., Oil, Gas, Power, Nuclear or Chemical would be a huge bonus.