Senior Electrical Engineer
About this position:
Are you an Electrical Engineer looking who has a passion for automation? We are currently working with a leading UK power and automation solutions provider and systems integrator. They combine innovative technologies with extensive industry knowledge and experience, supporting customers throughout the asset lifecycle to enhance the performance of their business.
They have proven experience and application knowledge in industries including; Metals, Automotive, Marine & Ports, Food & Beverage, Energy, Construction Materials, Pulp & Paper, FMCG. The company delivers value at all stages of manufacturing. Not only do they design and build, but they also support and improve operations.
- Responsible for the design of low and medium voltage power systems
- Reporting directly to the Director of Engineering & Innovation
- Understanding and capturing client requirements
- Electrical concept design and definition
- Detailed design studies and calculations
- Requirements and functional specifications for bought-out systems and components such as motors, drives, switchboards, transformers, energy storage and cabling
- Co-ordination with the Hardware Design team and review of detailed designs produced
- Maintenance of the Technical Construction File
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Comply with relevant industry regulations, client specifications, and internal standards
- Meet project milestones
- Promote and contribute to continuous improvement
- Mentoring of less-experienced engineers
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of BEng / BSE / Level 6 Apprenticeship in Electrical / Electronic Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Very good understanding of low and medium voltage power systems in power generation / power conversion applications