Test & Development Lead
About this position:
Do you have a technical understanding of Trucks? Are you able to problem solve and work under pressure? You may be an experienced Test and Development Engineer with a strong Automotive and Electric Vehicle skillset. The client I am working with were built to further the legacies of the most beautiful cars in the world and upcycle specialist industrial fleet vehicles. They restore, enhance and create with knowledge that these vehicles have a cultural value far beyond their function. And they know that each vehicle represents an uncompromised expression of the original and that electrification answers the questions to usability, reliability and sustainability which empowers their customers to enjoy the vehicles on a daily basis.
- As the Test & Development Lead you will be responsible for the development of the product offering.
- Working closing with the Chief Engineer, you will define the requirements and development phases along with milestones.
- This will include defining the processes, documentation, signoffs and authorisations.
- You will also ensure the creation of detailed test plans and procedures, FMAs and supporting tests to populate the test catalogue.
- Along with managing the troubleshooting of current development including the flow of corrective actions to achieve the test plan, you will also be responsible for Prototype Build and Test Fleet giving you full responsibility for meeting test plan objectives.
- You will provide leadership, support, coaching and development to the entire team.
- Previous experience in automotive testing will be essential but you will also have proven success working with people.
- A great communicator who drives high standards in terms of logging, data management and organisation.
- You may even have worked with HGV’s or have EV experience although this is not essential.