About this position:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer join a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
As a Contractor Design Engineer, you will take responsibility of the delivery of the Design and Development of a number of components. Ensuring that these parts are delivered to the time, cost, quality, and specification constraints set out and agreed by the NMIP process.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Design and Development of a number of components, consulting with and seeking support from Specialists and Chief Engineers as required.
- Responsible for delivering these components to the time, cost, quality, and specification in line with the NMIP process and KPl’s.
- The role is a highly technical role, focussed on detail and delivery.
- Communicate and collaborate across the entire supply/value chain to maximise team working and effectiveness.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of detailed project plans to ensure that current and future deliverables are met to promise.
- Deliver to the key KPl’s asked of the role that will be driven from Cost, Time, Quality and Specification targets.
- Follow established processes, procedures and working practices to minimise risk to projects and products, but also challenge these to maximise the effectiveness of the Department.
- Escalate concerns, risks, and issues up through the reporting chain.
- Previous experience within the automotive industry would be a preference, however other industries will be considered.
- Ideally a minimum of 5+ years of design experience on Creo.
- Experience of surface and solid modelling on Creo.