About this position:
A leading provider of robotics and automated systems in advanced manufacturing industries and laboratories in a variety of markets such as personal healthcare, life sciences, pharmaceutical, medical devices, aerospace, chemical and petrochemical is looking for a Controls Engineer.
The focus is on providing automation solutions that are tailored to the clients’ specific requirements and which deliver the highest quality and reliability for each unique application. Within the business, we have teams that specialise in areas such as drug delivery testing, laboratory automation and industrial advanced manufacturing. Specific applications range from mobile robot products, systems integration through to special purpose machinery.
Our services continue long after a system is shipped and installed globally; we provide post-installation support and planned maintenance for the lifetime of the system. We hold TickIT and ISO 9001 accreditation and our quality processes include regular customer and third-party audits.
This role is ideal for someone who likes to create new software, solve computing problems and develop different ways to use technology. We typically use robotics to solve the problems our customers present to us, so you’d need to be excited about using some of the latest cutting-edge products on the market and be ready to learn quickly. If you enjoy playing with Arduinos, Raspberry Pi’s, Lego Mindstorms, creating websites, building robotic kits from scratch or anything similar to these, you may just find this job is what you’ve been looking for!
You will work with the dedicated Software projects team but also work within larger multidiscipline teams and be responsible for the software and application design, implement, commission and testing of robotics applications for a variety of big name clients. Many of these are located abroad so you’d need to be willing to travel some of the time
- Working as part of a multidiscipline team using skills to specify design, implement, commission and test specialist robotic applications, controlled using C# for the Drug Delivery, Industrial Automation and Laboratory Automation industries
- Programming Robotic arms using their native software which is typically a procedural language
- Regular communication with others involved in the development process using our Project tools
- Development of functional, software and test specifications
- Implement, test and bug-fix functionality
- Provide support to end users through our internal REACTS support team
- Able to develop technical solutions to meet project and customer expectations
- Proficient with C#.NET and developing high-level software solutions
- Prior experience of mentoring and developing junior engineers
- Familiarity with SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Willing to travel in UK, Europe and USA
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Knowledge of GAMP
- Experience with applications development in a machine control environment
- Knowledge of electrical control systems
- Ability to configure complex servo drive systems.
- Exposure to Industry 4.0 technologies
- PLC/HMI programming experience