About this position:
We are currently working with a company that has a fantastic opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join their small, well established, and progressive engineering company.
Founded in 1987 and based on the border of Manchester, they cater to a diverse range of customers based in various industries, both domestically and internationally, and their innovative engineers strive to offer the latest production techniques, providing bespoke metal forming machinery along with full after sales service. The company has a bright future, and they are looking to recruit a new Mechanical Engineer who enjoys the challenge of designing and commissioning bespoke machinery. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to progress and further their career.
- Assembly and fitting of a wide range of bespoke equipment, mainly comprising of rotational machinery but also including hydraulic presses, materials handling systems and other ancillary equipment.
- Commissioning and troubleshooting of machinery whilst working closely with the design team.
- Servicing and repair of machinery on and off site.
- Several years’ experience working as a mechanical engineer, preferably working with rotational machinery.
- A recognised time served apprenticeship.
- Excellent communication.
- To be able to work under own initiative, and as part of a team.
- Electrical experience is advantageous.
- A strong multiskilled background
- Minimum 5 years’ experience