Additive Manufacturing Technician
About this position:
A leading global supplier of precious metals in gold, silver and platinum alloys is currently looking for an Additive Manufacturing Technician.
Based just outside Birmingham City Centre in the Jewellery Quarter, they are a friendly, well-established SME business with around 280 employees.
They are looking to recruit an experienced production operative to join our Additive Manufacturing (AM) team. You will report to the AM Manager and play a critical role in the successful development of AM within the precious metal industry, involving industrial partners, customers, government bodies and academia.
The ideal candidate will have a background in mechanical engineering and a minimum of one year’s experience in a similar position. You must have experience of operating a metal additive manufacturing machine in an industrial environment
- Supporting the department processes, AM systems and other members of the team
- Taking ownership of some pre/post processes and further optimise them
- Independently liaising with other team members to ascertain their requirements
- Ensuring production work is processed and delivered to the responsible team member in a timely manner and to the right quality; part production for both jewellery and industrial applications
- Creating processes and procedures and delivering stated processes to a satisfactory standard; writing/improving process procedures such as standard operating procedures (SOP) or work instructions (WI)
- Ensuring the AM systems are handled safely and efficiently, and they are maintained to an acceptable level
- Mechanical engineering background
- GCSE English and Maths C or above (or equivalent)
- Experience with operating a metal additive manufacturing machine
- Relevant experience in an industrial environment
- Organised, task orientated and able to work under minimal supervision
- High level of attention to detail and ability to follow procedures accurately
- Able to communicate at different levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic CAD knowledge and operating CAD package
- Mechanical related apprenticeship or degree
- Course with AM/3D printing module