About this position:
Due to rapid growth, this company is expanding, they want and need our finished vehicles to look their absolute best. A key feature of all of our cars is their paint job and overall finish, creating the wow factor for all of clients. They are looking for an Electrical Engineer to take on all electrical design elements for their luxury cars. This will be varied and interesting including developing schematics and harness drawings, packaging electrical/electronic components in CAD and then installing them on the LabCar for testing. Teamwork is imperative to getting things done and you will need to be able to communicate effectively within the whole organisation.
This company makes officially branded drivable little cars for luxury high-end motor manufacturers. They are 75% scale, 100% electric and 200% fun tributes to classic cars: boasting swappable batteries, a sliding pedal box, regenerative braking, and different driving modes. They are already making cars for Bugatti, Aston Martin, and Ferrari plus there are more to follow.
Beautifully engineered vehicles don’t just appear at their client’s front doors – they are a result of months and sometimes years of meticulous design, dedicated craftsmanship, uncompromising testing, and a personal customer experience second to none.
That doesn’t happen without an exceptionally talented team fuelled by a determination to create truly remarkable vehicles, whilst having a ton of fun along the way. They work with the best car manufacturers in the business, so are only looking to recruit amazing talent to our small but highly functioning team. They are committed to encouraging equality, diversity, and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination. They aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
- Working alongside the mechanical design team and Senior Electrical Engineer to deliver 3D data for wire harness routings and electrical components required for prototype vehicles
- Refinement of these 3D designs through testing, pre-production builds and series production
- Support the design and development of wiring schematics & wire harness drawings
- Support the electrical integration of components into the vehicle from a mechanical design perspective, including switchgear, displays, electronic modules, supporting bracketry, etc
- Ensure that the design of the wiring, electrical systems & electrical components support ease of manufacturing and ease of assembly
- Holder of (or currently studying for) a degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent Electrical/Electronic Engineering qualification
- CAD Experience (ideally SolidWorks)
- Experience with Low Voltage vehicle wiring design and assembly
- Experience of developing/delivering electrical/electronic projects, preferably in a vehicle environment
- Experience with Electronic Diagnostic Test Equipment
- Experience with CAN/LIN networks