We are working with a company based in Gloucestershire who have over 60 years of experience working within 3D printing providing rapid prototyping and low volume solutions to a variety of industries with facilities across the globe.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the CNC Manager will oversee all aspects of running an advanced CNC milling shop in a small batch / one-off manufacturing environment.
The key areas of responsibility are:
- Assessing parts for manufacture in terms of materials, geometry and tolerancing
- Deciding on and subsequently controlling the appropriate manufacturing route or strategy for each order
- Shop floor production scheduling to meet delivery priorities, allowing for machine capabilities and resource
- Construction of quotations with regard to both price and lead-time
- Material, tooling and resource planning and control
- Direct supervision of a team of 11 skilled and semi-skilled engineers
- Achieving the best outcome when unforeseen incidents occur with machinery, tooling or fixturing.
- Monitoring quality to customer approval, resolving any issues that occur in-process.
Essential Experience / Qualities:
- Must have excellent communication skills, communicating across multi-disciplines at all levels
- Experienced in a fast-moving, one-off / low batch machining environment
- Commercial awareness, price build up and margins
- Thorough understanding of quality systems in an ISO-controlled machine shop
- Production engineering, work handling and storage systems
Desirable Experience / Qualities:
- Previous man-management experience
- Knowledge of supporting services and skills such as metal plating, CNC turning and EDM wire erosion