Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
About this position:
This company was established in 2001 as the sole European distributor of a Japanese grinding machine manufacturer. They are now the leading supplier of this equipment to the foundry industry. The company, based near Glasgow, has steadily grown by being proactive and aggressive in the market. They are now looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
- Design and development of new project concepts from conception through to successful completion
- Prepare designs, drawings and equipment to comply with British and European Standards.
- Engineering calculations to analyse stress and deflection of structures, power and torque of drivetrains, the inertia of machinery and mechanisms.
- Understanding tolerances and material choice
- The applicant must be fully experienced with Solidworks
- Design of machine tools / metal-cutting machinery (ideally grinding / milling machines)
- Experience with pneumatic / hydraulics advantageous
- Robotics experience advantageous.