Auto Electrician / 12V Technician
Are you an experienced Auto Electrician with 12V experience? Would you say that you are a problem solver? The client I am working with were built to further the legacies of the most beautiful cars in the world. They restore, enhance and create with knowledge that these vehicles have a cultural value far beyond their function. And they know that each classic vehicle, represents an uncompromised expression of the original and that electrification answers the questions to usability, reliability and sustainability which empowers their customers to enjoy the vehicles on a daily.
This company are currently looking an Auto Electrician to join a small but growing team responsible for the build and maintenance of all low voltage automotive electrical systems. You will be working to ensure all low voltage systems are working both bench testing and on vehicles and you will be responsible for remanufacturing classic vehicle electrical components to bring them back to the highest, serviceable standard.
- To carry out the build of High Voltage cabling and low voltage harnesses and interfacing connections
- To fit and route both High and Low voltage vehicle harnesses
- To investigate, diagnose and repair faults on low voltage vehicle systems.
- To carry out low voltage system testing on vehicles when required.
- To support prototype emphasis builds and highlight all build issues found.
- To be able to bench test low voltage systems and create test leads and rigs to create a repeatable testing process.
- To produce concise parts and materials requirements lists to assist with the procurement process.
- As an experienced Auto Electrician, you must be able to demonstrate your experience of working with electrical wiring diagrams and connections pinouts. Not only will you be able to interpret them you will be able to highlight any inconsistencies or errors in them.
- Detailed knowledge of vehicle low voltage systems
- Ability to diagnose, assess and repair or replace worn or faulty components or assemblies.
- Analytical skills to review build instructions and spot any faults or inconsistencies
- Ability to spot and raise safety concerns
- The ability to mock up prototype harnesses and create wiring diagrams/drawings to support procurement of subsequent harnesses.