About this position:
Got experience in Finance? My client is the leading manufacturer in advanced LED lighting systems for commercial trucks, buses and trailers. They are also an innovation epicenter for the transportation and defense industries. Within those innovations, they’re spearheading the integration of electric and autonomous technologies into commercial and military vehicle lighting. As a Finance Manager you will ensure all transactions are coded and processed accurately through the erp system and in accordance with internal control purchase order procedures. Journals are prepared and processed as required. Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed and discrepancies resolved each month. Statutory Accounts and Audit. Lead the team and support the FD.
- To oversee the daily postings of Accounts Payable Ledger, Accounts Receivable Ledger, Cashbooks and Nominal Ledger.
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed & queries are resolved in a timely manner each month. Uploading into ARCS reconciliation tool
- Analyzing and reporting on the overhead nominal ledger codes and comparing to budget / prior year as necessary to ensure both correct posting. Accruals and journal postings and overseeing the journals prepared by other team members
- Support weekly and monthly reporting packs and analysis
- To check POs raised by departments & provide efficient information to the relevant managers costs reviewing actual against their budgets
- Monthly VAT return review and support for preparer
- To maintain the Excel based Fixed Asset Register and Construction in Progress Register. To initiate tagging process for newly acquired Fixed Assets. Perform Tangible Fixed Asset reconciliations. Project to have Fixed Assets onto ERP system
- To ensure all Customer Funded Tooling is re-imbursed & amortisation models are updated by the cost accountant as sales plans change & are incorporated into the business plan
- To participate in the systems reviews process and other Continuous Improvement initiatives with Finance Department involvement
- Providing the main focal point for information required by external auditors
- Budget and forecast preparation in liaison with cost centre managers, sales team and any other stakeholders
- To conduct appraisals with all direct reports as per the Company’s Appraisal Scheme
- To inform the post holders Line Manager of any difficulties in actioning the above and agree resolution
- Any other duties which may reasonably be required by the post holders Line Manager or Director