Mechanical Design Engineer
1.Mechanical Design Engineer
As a Mechanical Designer, you will join an in-house engineering programme and as a subject matter expert in your field you will be required to provide independent advice to our customers.
We expect you to be committed and work to the best of your abilities and in return you will find the work interesting and varied, with opportunities to develop both your practical, technical and computer-based design skills. This is a full turn-key engineering design experience where you will be designing for manufacture producing test machinery for our customers. What that gives you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people with different skill sets but also with our skilled engineers but also supporting and mentoring more junior level staff who are engaged in our engineering program. You’ll work closely with our clients and need to be committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
The successful candidate will ultimately have the following responsibilities
Your principal role will be to manage and carry out engineering activities including researching initial concepts, engineering costing, engineering design, risk analysis and test planning & validation,
In addition, you will use:
- 3d Solid Works modelling and become familiar with automotive software development processes & functional modelling techniques
- Complex Problem Investigation techniques and Problem Resolution & Reporting and you will work closely with the supply chain & manage them to deliver to plan.
Additional responsibilities could potentially include:
- To lead the design & development of the bespoke components including the generation of Bill of Material, Specification documents, checking of CAD Data and prepare information for Engineering System Release.
- To communicate with internal stakeholders e.g., electricians, supply chain and assembly area to agree the required legal, safety & group requirements the machines must adhere to.
- Establishing, agreeing, documenting tasks and requirements and assigning them to the correct stakeholders and supporting the tasks assigned where appropriate from the Lead Engineer.
- To financially evaluate and at least meet the relevant budgeted costs including Make-or-Buy, Testing, Engineering Manpower, Development Materials, etc, and manage the budget as the project develops.
For success in this role, you will need the following skills
- B.Eng in Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent combination of qualifications and relevant experience.
- Consideration will also be given to candidates who can demonstrate appropriate experience in a similar role in a similar sector
- Eagerness to work and develop your career as a designer in the automotive sector
- Candidates must have the right to work in the UK
- A full UK driving license is preferred.