Mechanical Assembly Fitter
The main purpose of the role is to effectively assemble, fit and test mechanical and pneumatic
components, for use on (complex) special purpose machinery. Whilst the role predominates
around the automotive sector, it will also encompass industrial engineering projects from other
business sectors, such as logistics (automated conveyor cells).
– mechanical assembly of fixturing, within a defined timescale
– mechanical assembly of tooling, within a defined timescale
– mechanical build and assembly of robotic cells and automated applications
– assembly of pneumatic applications, within a defined timescale
– the manufacture and fabrication of parts and equipment.
– conducting a final inspection of mechanical aspects, machinery, and tooling to ensure
compliance in accordance with the inspection sheets and resolve any problems identified.
– conducting work activities, as scheduled by your manager/supervisor, both on-site at LCM
and at customer/supplier facilities
– an awareness of health and safety and works in a manner that keeps you and those around
– maintaining a clean and tidy work area
Experience and Qualifications
– ideally be time served / completed apprenticeship as a mechanical fitter / mechanical
– previous experience of assembling special purpose tooling and machinery.
– previous experience of assembling pneumatic systems
– an ability to read and interpret 2D drawings
– an ability to use AutoCAD (not mandatory)
– an ability to work with other disciplines in workshop/mobile team environments
– the development of new skills both in and outside of your core discipline
– possess high attention to detail.
– good communicational (oral, reading and writing) skills.
– an ability to problem-solve, as issues arise