Head of Design and Development
As the Head of Design and Development, you will be responsible for leading and managing the high performing design and development team within the organisation.
You will oversee a team of multi-disciplinary engineers and collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful execution of projects from conception through validation and sign off.
Your primary objective will be to harness the skills of the team to enable them to deliver high quality solutions that enhance product attributes and exceed client expectations through a culture of innovation and continual improvement.
Leadership and Team Management:
- Lead and inspire a multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Recruit, train, mentor, and manage a team of engineers, fostering their professional growth
- Set performance goals, conduct performance evaluations, and provide feedback
Design and Development Strategy:
- Develop and implement design and development strategies aligned with the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Define and establish engineering processes, standards, and best practices
- Ensure compliance with applicable industry standards, regulations, and quality requirements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an Engineering discipline. Advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience in a leadership role overseeing design and development activities
- Strong technical background and expertise in engineering principles and practices
- Experience with product development processes and methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of CAD software and other relevant design tools
- Proficient in using design and analysis tools/software
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- Energised to exceed expectations