Marine Assembly Technician
About this position:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Marine Assembly Technician to work for an exciting start-up business.
The clients are a small but experienced team of people who are passionate about successfully bringing new technology to market. Each team member has a ‘hands on’ approach and supports each other for the benefit of the programme.
The Marine Assembly Technician will be involved in all types of maintenance and repair work which will be required during the Validation Testing of my clients system.
- The fitment and removal of Engines, gearboxes, and complete drive units to test boats and test rigs as required
- The installation of specific data logging equipment to Test units
- To receive engines and gearbox from dyno, boat or testing. Dismantle, inspect, identify, and record faults found using the correct method/systems
- The regular inspection of test units and the recording/reporting of any issues identified
- Rig assembly and testing of components as required
- Apprenticeship in Marine or Automotive Engineering
- Must have at least 5 years hands on experience assembling gearboxes, engines, or similar complex mechanical assemblies
- Should be proficient with Microsoft PC software packages. (Word-Excel)
- Clean driving license
- Previous experience of using Lathes, grinders, drills etc would be an advantage
- Powerboat level 1 or 2 would be an advantage although training will be given if necessary