About this position:
Do you have cradle to grave experience where you have influenced all areas from concept design to finite element analysis to in-service investigation? This company are the leading specialist in military vehicle recovery systems, winch installations and chassis integration. They have over 40 years of experience which has given them the ability to develop a uniquely tailored and customer focused approach to the design and development of vehicle recovery and load handling systems.
This company are looking for a Senior Engineer and the successful applicant will be a proactive and practical Mechanical Engineer with strong innovation and analytical skills to provide efficient and reliable solutions to complex engineering problems, predominantly in the military vehicle industry. This is a fast-paced environment at times, so the flexibility to support the business when required is important.
- As a Senior Engineer you will create engineering solutions on a variety of projects. Although mostly mechanical, the role will require a knowledge and appreciation in multiple disciplines including hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Produce and take ownership of new designs using 3D CAD to produce detailed drawings to BS8888 and associated bill of materials.
- Provide progress reports to both management and customers. Leading design reviews where necessary.
- Provide engineering support throughout product manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Produce reports to back-up engineering decisions with FEA and hand calcs.
- Provide technical support to all areas of the business.
- Finding and communicating with suppliers.
- Continuous improvement of processes and Engineering tools.
- Visit suppliers when necessary to support the delivery of projects.
- Review and approve drawings.
- Support and encourage less experienced engineers on the team.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience degree qualified at a minimum to BSc or BEng.
- Cradle to grave experience with a genuine influence in all areas from concept design to Finite element analysis to in-service investigation.
- 2D and 3D CAD experience – Inventor preferred, or CATIA/Solidworks.
- Proficient in the application of Finite Element Analysis to engineering designs.
- Good working knowledge of engineering procedures, including the application of change management and testing processes.
- Sound theoretical and practical approach to engineering solutions.
- Well-developed communication skills with demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail with ability to validate engineering with calculations.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with the flexibility to travel nationally and internationally.
- Demonstrable experience of complying with relevant legislation and standards.
- A full driving licence is required