Model Based Control Systems Engineer
About this position:
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join as a Model Based Control Systems Engineer in a world leading automotive company who are always striving to ensure their products are one of the best in the world.
To allow for the introduction of new and exciting automotive technology across our range of motorcycles, the Electrical & Electronic Systems department is looking to bring in a talented, passionate, and driven person with a bias towards modelling and simulation and functional know how of Battery Systems or Electric Drive train to support their future model development.
- Development & Simulation of plant models & Control systems for use in electric powertrain within Matlab / Simulink / Simscape or equivalent environment
- Use of modelling and simulation to explore and identify creative solutions to systems control
- Lead or support functional development on Energy storage (Battery, BMS and Chargers) systems or e-Traction unit ( e-Motor, Inverter, transmission )
- Review requirements, implement and verify supporting functions, models and generated code
- Support downstream development for implementation of models and algorithms into production software
- Support Controls engineers with development of control logic
- BEng or MEng in Mechatronic Engineering/Electrical or equivalent and relevant experience
- Background in Automotive e-Drive train simulation and control
- Background in Automotive e-Drive train functional development
- Proficiency in Matlab Simulink, Simscape, and debugging
- Proficiency in E-Drivetrain functionality & logic development (BMS/Motor/Inverter/Vehicle control unit
- Specific interests in vehicle control, electrification & safety critical systems