Head of Operations
About this position:
Did you know one of the challenges in reusing packaging within the food and beverage industry is the high cost? Almost 6 times as much as making a brand-new piece of packaging. No wonder sustainability isn’t being prioritised by FMCG manufacturers.
However, all that could change thanks to a new start up backed by a great team of investors.
Based in London and looking to grow to an initial team of 29 by 2023 they are building Autonomous cleaning machines to make reusable packaging as appealing and cost effect as single use by 2025.
Every day they work with the most innovative brands such as Diageo, Ab Inbev & Smol, and are backed by some of Europe’s best investors including Eka Ventures, Maersk Growth, Uebermorgan and Ascension with a pilot facility and office based in Oval London.
All the staff tend to have three behaviours in common:
“Show, not tell” – the ability to lead with solutions, data & case studies, rather than tell/preach.
“Ownership” – the courage to be totally responsible for something and drive it forward.
“Resilience” – we take knocks, learn from them and try again!
They are now looking for a head of operations to take their infrastructure and logistics operations to the next level.
- Reporting to CEO on operations and logistics topics
- Deliver volume and revenue growth through their operations
- Establish clear, documented and scalable processes for delivery of day-to-day operations
- Define the productivity metrics and lead efforts to maximise output from the technology
- Lead the design, implementation and recruitment for new locations
- Work with the CEO to manage the P&L of the cells, taking a data driven approach to identify opportunities to improve unit economics
- Define and hire an ops management team to cover quality assurance, logistics coordination, procurement and Cell shift leaders
- Ownership of Health & Safety and Quality Assurance procedures at our sites
- Experience managing logistics people & processes in a high growth business
- Track record in scaling hardware, infrastructure or logistics businesses
- The ability to lead diverse and remote logistics teams
- A love of data-based decision making
- Ability to make difficult decisions on priority & risk
- A desire to roll your sleeves up and dive in