Mechanical fitter & Package build assembler
Experience and knowledge of working with different materials of construction (mild/carbo/stainless/aluminium/nonferrous). You will also need understanding and experience in the specifications, standards and expectations of supplying equipment within the petrochemical industry. A Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent experience is desirable.
The main duties of the role are:
- The assembly of mechanical fabrications using basic hand, electric and pneumatic tools.
- The assembly of large bore (up to 300mm) carbon and stainless-steel flanged process pipework including connections to silencers, valves and control equipment.
- The building of blower units to specification.
- The forming, installation and termination of stainless-steel instruments, process pipework and associated controls.
- The manufacture of minor brackets and similar small fabrications using hand and power tools