Test & Comissioning Engineer
About this position:
This company is a leading manufacturing company in induction heating and welding for a variety of induction hearing applications based in Basingstoke. With the coming age of highly engineered materials, alternative energies and the need for empowering developing countries, the unique capabilities of induction offer engineers and designers of the future a fast, efficient, and precise method of heating.
- You will be responsible for testing high power (1kW to 4MW) induction heating and welding equipment.
- The repair, test and set-up of control boards.
- Attend customer sites to support Service Engineers with the commissioning of equipment.
- Multi-disciplined with a good knowledge of power electronics, electronics and PLC’s.
- Flexible, thorough, technically motivated and interested in a high level of quality.
- Well organized and able to communicate effectively with other staff and management.
- ‘Hands on’ practical ability and an understanding of mechanical and electrical assembly.
- HNC, HND or Degree level in power electronics, electrical/electronics or relevant experience.
- A PLC qualification (Siemens S7, Allan Bradley) will be an advantage but experience of PLC’s will be necessary.
- Experience in the areas of one or more of the following: motor control; UPS, large power supplies, hydraulics and pneumatics would be an advantage.
- Good familiarity with oscilloscopes and all types of electrical test equipment.
- A wide range of general mechanical skills.