About this position:
This client provide engineering solutions in electric powertrains and have a background in high-performance engineering. With business streams in battery systems, electric/hybrid drivetrains and control systems they are able to offer services from concept through to low volume production within the Automotive, Motorsport, Marine and Military sectors. As a member of the Battery Management Systems Team, the Controls Engineer would be contributing to the successful development of the companies in-house Battery Management System software. A primary focus will be on high-performance battery systems, the software developed will be for a range of battery vehicle applications (automotive, motorsport, marine, aerospace, and off-highway).
- Development of battery management system software algorithms in Mathworks’ Matlab/Simulink environment.
- Development of embedded software for microcontrollers in C (NXP, Texas Instruments), peripherals, bootloaders, SOTA.
- Communication with the Test & Development team on cell testing requirements to feed battery models/maps.
- Support the Test & Development team during battery system commissioning sign-off.
- Able to be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments.
- Documenting & reporting battery system architecture & algorithm developments to the Head of Battery Management Systems.
- Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
- Support the Company’s compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
- Knowledge of battery system architectures and battery management systems.
- Experience of using model-based development languages such as Matlab & Simulink.
- Experience in developing embedded software for microcontrollers in C.
- Knowledge of battery system algorithms such as state of charge, state of power, state of health, state of function, fault diagnostics, contactor control etc.
- Ability to generate battery system commissioning & validation sign-off plans.
- Data analysis & reporting on system performance.
- Proactive, self-motivated with a keen attention for detail.
- Willing to learn new skills & problem solve on exciting, technically challenging projects