Senior Control Systems Engineer
About this position:
Are you a Control Systems Engineer? What are your thoughts are on Sustainability, Reliability and Usability. Are they important to you?
If they are then I would assume that you would be excited about an opportunity of becoming a Senior Control Systems Engineer for a company that shares the same values?
The client I am working with were built to further the legacies of the most beautiful cars in the world and upcycle specialist industrial fleet vehicles. They restore, enhance and create with knowledge that these vehicles have a cultural value far beyond their function. And they know that each vehicle represents an uncompromised expression of the original and that electrification answers the questions to usability, reliability and sustainability which empowers their customers to enjoy the vehicles on a daily basis.
I am looking for a Senior Engineer who will play a crucial role in delivering a safe, robust and polished final product to the world. Being part of a small, highly skilled team means you will call upon a wide range of skills to develop specifications, software, calibrations and implement them as efficiently as possible. You will also act a role model for developing the technical capabilities of the team through daily mentorship and guidance of other engineers.
- Work with Chief Engineer and Control Systems & Electronics (CS&E) Lead to develop control for vehicle systems
- Provide support for in-vehicle testing, powertrain testing and calibration
- Verify and validate control software using MIL and HIL testing
- Help create and manage system design specifications (SDS) with management approval
- Write end of line pass/fail requirements and signoff procedures
- Keep up to date with HV legislation such as LV123, ECE100, FMVSS305, TP305, and ICE60664
- Support control systems team in software development, testing, analysis and evaluation
- Guide and mentor other members of the team through technical challenges
- Working knowledge of auto-coding with MathWorks toolchain: Simulink, Stateflow and Embedded coder
- Fluency in C, C++ or similar programming language to a high standard with clear documentation
- Experience in configuration and use of HIL systems (dSpace or similar)
- Working knowledge of automotive serial communications protocols (CAN, Flexray)
- Working knowledge of automotive calibration software (INCA, Vector, CANape)
- Experience with software change and management tools (GIT, Subversion, Helix)
- Wide range of experience within V-development cycle
- Experience using static analysis tools for models and code (Model Advisor, Polyspace)
- Demonstrated ability to perform root cause analysis efficiently