Senior Analysis Engineer
Are you currently an Analysis Engineer looking to progress to a Senior or perhaps you are already a Senior Analysis Engineer and open to working on new projects. I am looking for an Engineer who has a good understanding of structures, material properties and applications. The Engineer will also have experience of developing static and transient load models including modal analysis techniques. The client is a UK advanced engineering and manufacturing consultancy. They are experienced in vehicle build, conversions and system integration. The client is currently looking for a Senior Analysis Engineer where the Engineer will have ownership and responsibility for system, component, and assembly analysis. To support Design Engineers in creating concepts and developing design solutions utilising analysis techniques.
- Identify targets and requirements for components and systems including load cases.
- Support concept creation:
- Ideas, benchmarking, initial feasibility calculations and/or analysis.
- Perform first principal analysis studies and calculations to challenge and size potential solutions.
- Work closely with design engineers to deliver fully engineered solutions including structural, thermal and fatigue life, welded, and bolted joint analysis.
- Compile analysis reports.
- The ability to guide and support more junior members of the team.
- The ability to lead the delivery of projects which have a high element of analysis content.
- To adhere to deadlines, and operational budgets.
- Lead the preparation and production of design presentations relating to analysis.
- Always maintain company engineering standards.
- Always maintain best working practices line with company process and procedures and health and safety policy guidelines.
- Lead and support the resolution of issues and initiating corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Comply with all departmental H&S requirements.
- Comply, where appropriate with management, and environmental, systems, such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time
- The intention is that you will be trained to use Altair MotionSolve if not already a user.
- At least three year’s Industry experience, using tools such as Nastran/Patran, Hyperworks, Radios, OptiStruct or similar.
- Good understanding of structures, material properties and applications. Developing static and transient load models including modal analysis techniques.
- Generation of load cases from first principals, running detailed stress and fatigue analysis models.
- Optimisation of systems for mass and strength utilising optimisation tools such as OptiStruct.
- Analytical approach to problem solving, experienced user in hand calculation techniques to validate FE models.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Have engineering systems level experience.
- Have experience in thermal analysis, including 1D.
- Have experience in fatigue and durability, road load data processing and validation.
- Experience using CAD, CATIA is an advantage.
- Experience of composite materials, particularly carbon fibre, is an advantage.
- Experience of cast and forged materials is an advantage.
- Experience of using quality management tools and systems.