Senior Engineer – Validation Management
.This company uses its F1 background to use innovative engineering and technology to solve complex problems with the goal to be one of the leading contributors to the race to decarbonise. We do it through using the learnings and innovative approaches of F1 to bring a step-change in weight, speed, and efficiency. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for Senior Engineer – Validation Management to join our INTV team in a rapidly expanding and exciting work environment. The role is to manage the Verification and validation activities on major programmes, likely automotive or heavy industry. Based on product requirements and prior experience the candidate will work with System-Engineers and Integration-Engineers to define the tests, to schedule these tests and advise on optimum test-asset quantities.
- Creation and Management of Design Verification Plans (DVPs) to ensure efficient and timely completion of product test programmes. Consolidates the requirements/DFMEA/legislation-lead tests into a plan which has been optimised given the constrains on test assets, facilities and child-component maturity.
- Aid with trade-off negotiations and mediate where required between attributes and/or system groups to resolve DVP conflicts and ensure the optimal balancing of test requirements vs timing / cost / risks.
- Works with System Engineers, Integration Engineers and Test Operations group to identify and select the appropriate test to verify a requirement: including both physical and virtual verification activities.
- Supports the creation of supplemental design verification methods and/or recommends revisions consistent with technology evolution and changing customer needs.
- Critical appraisal of DV activities to confirm that they are appropriate, thorough and realistic.
- Is aware of risks and can propose mitigation activities to maximise the likelihood of a smooth DV phase.
- Influence senior engineers across legacy methods of working with increased knowledge and methods of improvement.
- Review and approve costs on small scale projects, providing advice on ways to forecast for the gateway process.
- Report out of DVP status to all levels of the business (including gateway presentations). Ensure concerns are raised on relevant test failures and track progress through to closure.
Experience in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway or aerospace industries in 1 or more areas:
- Electrification, energy storage systems, ePowertrain, power electronics, body or chassis systems
- Experience managing DVP programmes at various stages of a design maturity from early proof of concept models and mules, through prototypes and on to full production unit verification/validation is essential.
- Can demonstrate scheduling and planning skills; including a balance risk-based approach to the provision of contingency.
- Knowledge across 1 or more core systems of an electrified product e.g. thermal, energy storage, control or propulsion.