Vehicle Integration Project Engineer
We have partnered with a company who are playing a vital role in the global race to decarbonise the power systems whilst not compromising on performance and price.
To do this they are using their motorsport background to push boundaries, find efficiencies and innovations. They are using cutting-edge technologies to find clean energy solutions to complex mobility problems. Join us to help fulfil our mission to accelerate an efficient, electric, and sustainable future.
An opportunity has arisen for a Vehicle Integration Project Engineer to join the INTV Department as they continue to expand the breadth of applications, from hyper-cars and infinity trains to mining haulage trucks and future aircraft. The role of the Integration Engineer is to ensure all systems within the product are compatible and work together cohesively to deliver the functionality and performance required by the customer. The individual will be involved in projects from the earliest feasibility studies, to capture the needs of the customer, cascade those requirements down the systems-tree and will follow-through to final engineering sign-off; ensuring appropriate validation & verification is put in place to guarantee quality product development. Integration Engineers support technical leadership, identify conflicts and support collaborate within the team to ensure the optimum design solution with a win-win mentality for all parties.
- Experience in the automotive, motorsport, off-highway or aerospace industries in 1 or more of the following technical areas: Electrification, energy storage systems, ePowertrain, power electronics, body or chassis systems.
- Experience moving a programme from a prototype build phase into a production build phase is desirable.
- Knowledge of how design changes impact components or system performance/interactions is desirable.
- Experience of supporting product DFMEA.
- Knowledge across 1 or more core systems of an electrified product e.g. thermal, energy storage, control or propulsion is preferred.
- Able to work collaboratively to resolve challenging situations.
- An engineering qualification (e.g. Degree) in mechanical, automotive, electrical or aerospace engineering.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Polarion or Teamcenter would be advantageous.