Electrical Systems Engineer
About this position:
Enjoy engineering? Have a passion for motorsport and F1? Are you fed up with working on mundane automotive projects where you have no passion? Wouldn’t you rather be excited to go to work and be surrounded by super niche and low volume vehicles? Imagine going to work and hearing the sound of rate historic cars and aircraft filling the air on your doorstep.
Why this company?
- At this engineering company was founded in 2012 you will be working on unreleased automotive vehicles within the high-performance engineering sector which you will never be bored of.
Reporting to the Head of Electrical Integration you will work as part of the team on numerous engineering programmes. Our programmes require a diverse range of engineering skills; therefore, we are interested to hear from applicants who can demonstrate fundamental understanding and experience in the following areas:
- Vehicle electronic system design & operation
- In-depth knowledge of conventional, hybrid & e-vehicle control systems
- Delivery & optimisation of land vehicle control systems
- Supplier, customer & driver liaison
All electronic control systems development is to be developed & managed in collaboration with opposing vehicle areas, relating to powertrain, drivetrain (including both hydraulic & pneumatic systems), will be required.
Due to the level of autonomy we require from the engineering team a minimum of 10 years’ experience on full vehicle electronics systems is a prerequisite.
You will be communicating with drivers, clients & suppliers at all levels. As a result, you will also need to demonstrate effective oral & written communication skills.
The role would appeal to someone who works best when they need to think creatively about an engineering solution, adaptable to client requirements and is able to work independently whilst communicating with the team.
- Proven use of industry standard data acquisition systems
- Familiarity with Matlab Simulink for control system development
- Evidence of client-facing experience
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare specifications & deliver these within time & budget constraints
- Confident use of MS-Office applications
- Proven skills in detailed analysis from first principles
- Knowledge of engineering procedures & sign-off processes
- Creation and dissemination of good working practises and processes
- Practical hands-on assembly experience – design for assembly
The role may require you to work out of main office hours or to travel around the UK or abroad and spend periods of time with our customers off site.