Graduate Control Systems Engineer
About this position:
We are currently working with power solutions company looking for a Graduate Control Systems Engineer who provide customers with the after-sales services on their operation and maintenance of OEM Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Generators, Control Systems, and Auxiliary Systems.
With a team of over 78,000 employees, spanning the world’s major industrial engineering sectors, such as energy, infrastructure, transport, aerospace, and defence, they bring expertise and experience to enable decarbonization and deliver reliable power everywhere.
- Working with members of the Engineering department and other teams to provide technical solutions to customers related to OEM and non-OEM control systems.
- Provide solution design support, problem-solving, fault identification, on-site or remote solution implementation, and sales support focusing on the availability, reliability, safety, and cybersecurity of customers’ assets in operations.
- Technical documentation.
- Logic design and programming.
- On-site testing, and other work related to control systems and cybersecurity in accordance with the company quality management system.
- Being a member of a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
- To learn about gas turbines, steam turbines, generator operations, and relevant digital solutions in addition to primary job responsibilities.
- General knowledge of the following areas is required.
- Basic knowledge in control systems and control logic of industrial power generation equipment is preferable.
- Ability to understand the flow of processes.
- Experience in developing and writing specifications and/or proposals.
- Effective customer service skills
- Strong organisational skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Fundamental understanding of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, ControlNet, Ethernet IP, OPC
- Fundamental understanding of IT & OT systems and TCP/IP networking.
- Fundamental understanding of network cybersecurity
- Experience of working in a group, and effective communication and documentation skills.