Stampings Process Engineer
You will be lead responsible for the development of stamped products made from powder. Be the core expert on the capabilities of the equipment and the tolerances of the products made. Work with the team to push our capability and sales.
Job responsibilities and standards of performance (SOP):
- Enhance Product Efficiency: As a critical contributor to product excellence, the role involves
- Being the technical lead on the powder stampings equipment and build up the internal technical capability on the equipment.
- Work with the application engineers assessing current designs to meet a tight price point.
- Develop the stamping operation and oversee auxiliary processes.
- Own the product pricing.
Material Development & Testing:
- Play a key role in the development and application of materials in powder form
- Define and develop specifications for existing powders and new alloys
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of powder material quality and performance.
Collaborative Project Involvement:
- Collaborate with manufacturing and AM on products requiring multiple manufacturing technologies.
- Work collaboratively to determine the best manufacturing route for new products.
- Setout the manufacturing routes, method statements, documentation for consistently producing this product.
Problem-Solving and Innovation:
- Responsible for all the problems with the stampings equipment.
- Foster a culture of innovation
- Drive continuous improvement.