Quality Assurance Engineer
About this position:
Due to this company’s continued expansion and strong product portfolio across both motorsport and future automotive, we are looking to recruit an experienced Quality Engineer to support production output and implementation of AS9100 standards as part of widening manufacturing horizons for the aerospace market.
This company is relied upon by many of the world’s top motorsport teams. Performance car constructors, hybrid and electric transportation, innovators to extract the performance and reliability they require to get their high-performance transmission challenges done. Whatever the nature of your next motorsport or vehicle engineering project might be, this company can help with off-the shelf and bespoke solutions along with design consulting and manufacturing expertise. At this company we believe that good customer service is every bit as important as a strong product.
The quality assurance engineer role will work in all areas of the business to assess quality requirements and ensure all products are free from defects and in compliance with engineering and manufacturing specifications, AS and ISO standards. They will work to resolve any quality issues and provide guidance on process enhancements and improvements.
- Primary function – Production Quality Assurance
- Participation in Quality, ISO 9001 and AS9100 projects
- Participant of annual strategic KPI’s FTT, Zero Defects
- Internal & External complaints (NCR’s & 8D’s)
- Internal Auditor for Environmental/Quality Management System – ISO9001/14001:2015/AS9100D
- Continuous Improvement and 5S projects
- APQP – PPAP knowledge for OEM project deliverables
- Participation of supplier audits for outsourced components
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimum 3 years within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication, organisation, and teamwork skills
- Prior experience, knowledge of aerospace and ISO 9001 standards, and legislation
- Internal auditor for ISO9001, AS9100 – very advantageous
- Supplier auditing experience
- Quality data analysis and interpretation