Business Development Manager
Outline job description:
Originally focussed on ground vehicle design, this company provides cutting edge design & simulation services to a whole variety of sectors, from aerospace, defence and construction through to the robotics and medical sectors too; our rigorous, first principles-based approach allows us to solve any problem that requires holistic, robust engineering and add value to our customers projects globally. This provides fantastic project, customer and component scale diversity for our team, with customers ranging from supercar manufacturers to global construction vehicle OEMs to future farming and medical robotic devices start-ups.
The company has grown organically during its 29-year history, with our rigour and attention to detail securing a loyal base of both repeat customers and new ventures; we are now embarking on the next stage in its development; to support this, the Chief Strategy Officer is looking for a proactive, dynamic, and organised team member to manage our Business Development activities.
As our Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for developing opportunities with new and existing customers, by proactively growing our network and co-ordinating our existing team. You will need to have a technical background and a successful track record developing business in a comparable field. A strategic mindset and the ability to communicate effectively are also critical.
- Business Development team management
- Drive the team to deliver on sales targets as the business progresses through a period of targeted growth.
- Curate pipeline forecast & analyse performance, reporting regularly to the senior leadership team.
- Continually develop & optimise internal processes.
- Generate and maintain successful relationships with customers and key industry figures.
- Develop the brand by networking at industry events and conferences.
- Conduct research to identify appropriate new leads and potential new clients.
- Develop our marketing strategy across key platforms and work with team members and external suppliers to successfully implement.
- Create and develop company sales materials.
- Oversee the creation of proposals in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Work closely with our Programme Manager to ensure projects are successfully kicked-off.