.About The role:
The successful candidate will join a small growing team at the centre of the business. The Product Owner is a key role in the development and growth of the company. They will act as the primary liaison between the Technical Team and stakeholders, ensuring that the product vision is clearly communicated and understood by everyone involved.
Fuelled by cutting edge ideas, innovation, and technology, it is ultimately the hard-working team who drive all the success. People who are the best at what they do, and driven by a shared goal, to help change the world for the better and they want you to join the team!
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end user, operator and customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally and as the primary contact for queries related to the product.
- Define the product vision and communicate back to the Technical Team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Understand regulatory requirements.
- Incorporate compliance into product design and ensure ongoing compliance to create
- products that meet legal and regulatory standards while still delivering value to users, operators, and customers.
- Develop appropriately detailed specifications for the product features so they are clearly understood by the development teams.
- Work closely with Senior Management in order to create a product that fits the company
- Work with internal and external customers to analyse the needs and align the product roadmap to strategic goals.
- Define and prioritise the customer requests, ensuring that the team is working on the most important features and items first.
Key Skills Required:
- 10+ years’ experience in small commercial marine vessels.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Superb written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex subject matter.
- Ability to understand and interpret technical documentation.
- Exercise absolute integrity in respect of confidential matters.
- Experience working with commercial and design & engineering team.
- Ability to understand and manage the commercial/technical pressures and work to meet commercial imperatives.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Health Cashback Plan.
- Stakeholder Pension.
- Sponsored Translink annual travel card loan scheme.
- Electric Vehicle scheme.
- Perks discount card.
- Death-in-service cover.
- Employer Assistance Programme.
- Flexible Working Hours.
- 22 days holiday plus 13 public/bank/closure holidays (pro-rata). You will also accumulate up
- to 5 service – related holidays over your first five years of employment.
- Regular social events (staff and family).