About this position:
Have a passion for motorsport? Got at least 5 years’ experience in a motorsport, automotive or aerospace design environment?
This company is a high-performance design and engineering solution provider at the heart of the Silverstone Technology Cluster. This company uses the speed and agility of the motorsport industry upon which it was founded to provide cutting-edge, on-demand design and engineering services. By transferring knowledge and technology from one sector to another they develop novel solutions to their clients’ challenges which have led to them working on projects from Additively Manufactured Batteries through to equipment for Professional Sports Teams. However, they are still most well known for their expertise within the Automotive & Motorsport world and to this day continue to leverage their motorsport DNA to deliver complete engineering solutions for high-performance and niche vehicles and they are looking for an experienced Design Engineer!
- Reporting to the Senior Engineer you will work as part of the design team on numerous engineering programmes.
- Manage design, development & reliable delivery/operation of vehicle systems & sub-systems
- Occasional requirement to support both rig, system & full-vehicle testing
- Generation of programme specific technical documentation
- Continual development of Engineering Dept documentation & procedures
- Liaison with key technical partners & suppliers
- An understanding of composites structures & mechanical systems used within the Motorsport, Automotive or Aerospace industries
- Motorsport, automotive, aerospace low-volume production environment
- 5 years’ experience in a motorsport, automotive or aerospace design environment
- Proven use of industry standard CAD software, preferably using SolidWorks or Catia
- Understanding of low volume manufacturing methods for composite, metallic & polymer parts
- Proven skills in detailed analysis from first principles
- Evidence of client-facing experience
- Confident use of MS-Office suite applications
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to prepare technical specifications & deliver these within time & budget constraints
- Knowledge & experience of engineering procedures & sign-off processes
- Creation & dissemination of good working practises & processes